Saturday, July 31, 2010

I LIKE CELERY!

Actually, I hate the stuff. As a kid I would retch if you tried to feed me celery. I did actually vomit a few times from celery containing Tortilla soup. I remember it well. (Oh, that's nice. Opening a food blog post with stories of vomit. You're welcome.)

Well. NO MORE. I've been trying to eat more celery lately cause I know it's a diuretic(it makes you pee more, taking water out of your body). And as I keep eating tiny bits of gluten containing food(soy sauce...) I'm retaining LOTS of water. I may need to start being more careful with my diet. Today I made a spinach bean dip that is AMAZING. I get WIC for CupCake and they gave us a recipe book. It actually has a lot of great recipes in it. Some bad ones too. It's WIC after all.


Spinach Bean Dip

1T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 6oz bag spinach
1 15oz can White Kidney Beans
Lime juice from 1/2 a lime
1T balsamic vinegar
1/4t pepper
1T salt
1/2t paprika

Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant(or, since I'm sick and can't smell, until it turns color a bit). Add spinach and wilt. Put every thing in a food processor and process until smooth. Serve with celery sticks, chips, or other veggies. Goes well with chicken taquitos too.

Next time I'll probably add another 3-6oz of wilted spinach and 2-4 more cloves of garlic. Mighty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment