Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blueberry Morning

Yesterday I wanted to make blueberry muffins. Okay, great. I went to bed. I almost never wake up the next morning wanting to make the same thing. Except today I did. So I made them! I used an agave sweetened, gluten-free cupcake recipe and altered it a bit. It's WONDERFUL. Could have used more blueberries. Cupcake is trying to eat one now(the paper is still on them).


Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:


Fresh Blueberries


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with 11 paper cups. Fill remaining cup with water 2/3 full.

Mix together coconut milk, agave, and oil. Mix in tapioca starch and flax meal. Mix WELL. I do it by hand with a whisk. I probably mix for 2-4 minutes, depending. It needs to look emulsified. Then add in the cinnamon and flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix another 3-4 minutes until all combined. Pour into prepared pan, filling liners 2/3 full. Lightly press in blueberries. After I filled 11 I had a little batter left over, and I drizzled it over the blueberries. Just a little. Maybe a teaspoon over each muffin. Bake at 350F for 20-24 minutes. They're done when a toothpick come out of the center clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment