Thursday, December 10, 2009

I am the chocolate chips in your oatmeal

Oh, this whole first post thing always gets me. It sort of sets the tone for the entire blog. Until the tone changes that is. So I guess it really doesn't after all.

Hi. I'm MamaCat. I am not a writer. I am not a professional chef or baker. Actually, I'm not a professional anything at this point in time. Well, I suppose I could be considered a professional Mom. Except that I really think one should receive that title after have 2 youngins. I only have one. I sound crunchy on paper(or pixles) but I'm really not as crunchy as all that. I'm more like the chocolate chips you put in your morning oatmeal. I get you to eat what's good for you, but all by myself I'm not all that healthy. I mostly cloth diaper, but I'm using disposables right now because we're having rash issues and traveling. I'm one of those weird, kooky full-term breastfeeders. I'm currently a single SAHM and a full time student. One day(soon I hope!) I'll be a Lactation Consultant.

Cupcake(CC). She's 14 months old today(!) and quite... spirited. That's a good word. She suffers from EAS: Extremely Adorable Syndrome. She also has multiple food allergies. The EAS isn't real(although she is adorable), but the food allergies are. As of now she is allergic to dairy, egg, peanuts, soy, avocado, apples, peaches, wheat, sunflower, oats and possibly salmon. Yes, I have food allergies/intolerances too. Wheat, dairy, eggs shellfish and a few random(cucumber, really?) ones that would fall under the oral allergy syndrome.

This blog is a place for me to keep recipes. And updates about CC. That way if, 'Verse forbid, anything happens to me her Auntie L can take care of her. I try to spell check, but some times, it just doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment