Sunday, December 20, 2009

A variation on Hatters

My daughter now has a cat. He adopted her. He follows her around everywhere. If I'm holding her, he's at my feet. If she's playing with crayons, he's on her paper. The only problem with this(other than the fact that he has to stay here at my mom's) is that I think she's allergic to him. I've been having to give her antihistamines a lot. She doesn't like the grape flavor and spits it back out at me. I've started to bribe her by telling her she can have a cookie when she's taken it all. I don't like to use food as a bribe, but man, she's so much happier once those meds kick in. (She naps too!) So I ran out of the hatters I brought with me and my ginger cookies ended up with too much ginger. So I decided to make more Hatters, except when I went to add in the quinoa flakes, I realized a moth had taken up residence in them. It wouldn't have been so bad(extra protein!) except there was coocoon everywhere. Ew. I can't et past that. It's too much like web and I have some serious arachnophobia. So I tweaked it a bit and they turned out awesome.

Dry
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
2/3 cup Quinoa Flour
1/3 cup+2T cornstarch
1 cup finely shredded coconut(unsweetened, full fat)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4t Cinnamon
Wet
2 Tablespoons canola oil
7 Heaping Tablespoons Pumpkin/hemp butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 Hemp milk(unsweetened, plain)
2 tsp vanilla extract

Add in:
1/2-3/4c chocolate chips

Mix all your dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Then thoroughly mix all your wet in a large bowl. Pour your dry ingredients into your wet and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Let sit for ~5 minutes while you line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop by tablespoon-fulls onto the cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes. Let sit on the cookie sheet at least 5 minutes before trying to move to the cooling rack. These hold up really well for traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment